Play Group runs on Wednesdays during term time. It starts at 9:30am
The playgroup philosophy is caregiver supervised, child directed play. We put out the activities, so you may enjoy our resources and facilities. We ask for a donation at the door and suggest $1 per child, or $2 per family.
Caregivers are able to arrive as early as 9.00am.
- 9.00 Coordinators / volunteers set up playgroup – all parents are welcome to assist
- 9.15-9.45 arrive sign in, settle, put bag away. Espresso coffee, hot chocolate etc available for a small koha.
‘Free Play’ caregiver supervised – child initiated play
- 10.30 adults / children Tidy away most toys
- 10.30-10.50 Morning tea at tables or mats for children (provided by caregivers in lunch box). Morning tea provided for adults
- 10.55 balls time while adults clean up food areas.
- 11.00 story time/birthday time
- 11.15 music and dance, after ending song and children roll up mats to finish
- 11.30 home